PV1200 PDS under Win2KPro...

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all...I would like to hear from anyone who has used Allen Bradley PDS software to communicate serially with a PanelView 1200 (standard) using PDS software on a Windows 2000 Pro OS. I have revision 3.02 1/31/1992. It seems to run fine offline, but in the past, I've had issues using the serial port with old DOS based software, and I want to know it will work before I take down a very critical machine just to add a few alarms.

My OS rev level is 5.00.2195 service pack 4.

Thanks in advance,
Paul C.

If it is that critical why not load create a DOS partition on your Hard Disk and load PDS onto that? Or find a PC still running Win98 and run PDS as a DOS app?

I don't know for certain, but I would anticipate problems trying to get a DOS driver to work under a Win NT/2000/XP OS.