Omron DeviceNet

BJR

I've got a CJ1M cpu system with a DRM21 master. The slaves are a DRT1-AD04H analog at Node 1, a RS232DN at node 5, a DRT1-OD32ML at node 6.
Everything is working fine but one thing is not what I expected. I expect the 4 analog channels to be showing up in the memory table at 3201, 3202, 3203, 3204.
Haven't used the RS232 yet. The OD32ML checks out easily because they are all wired to pilot lights. 3206.00 to 3206.15 and 3207.00 to 3207.15. The analog inputs are showing up at 3301,3302,3303,3304 instead of what I expected above. What did I miss?

Use Omron CJ1 with Device Net all the time but have never used an anaolgue module.

You will probably have to wait for Jay or Sleepy Wombat for that one.

BJR, it was a time since i worked with the omron devicenet, but if i remember well, it worked that for every module, you can read or write. so, you make the writing in the 3200's and you read in the 3300's.
(that doesnt means that every module supports read and write). i hoppe i have expressed myself clearly.

sapoleon

You are right. If you read the memory table description very carefully 3200 is outputs, 3300 is inputs. The higher addresses are split up in a similar way. We finally caught on to this last night as we were trying to get our Turck "spanner" modules working between two OMron PLCs. Thanks for the responses.

The memory table chart finally makes sense now. I didn't know what they were trying to explain.