1131 - c

Unregistered

U
Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of all5 parts to 1131-c or where to find this info??

Bas

Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of all 5 parts of 1131-c??? i can not find the info anywhere

Subject: Bas
Unregistered said:
Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of all 5 parts of 1131-c??? i can not find the info anywhere

I aint sure what the Bas meant but I took it as reference to my parentage. In this case that would be an incorrect reference BUT some of us are self made.

Any standard can have a disadvantage that is relevant to the application. I dont know of any references stating disadvantages for IEC 6-1131 in general. I can think of one "issue" that IEC 6-1131 doesnt deal with...ANY PLC manufacturer can develop their own instruction set and it can differ from brand to brand. With many of the languages you can not use the "code" on other brands.

If you had used the link above though you would have found out there are MORE than 5 standards involved and what they do...ie the advantages. There are 5 programming languages though.
Example:
IEC 61131-3 Programming Languages - providing the basis
defines, as a minimum set, the basic programming elements, syntactic and semantic rules for the most commonly used programming languages, including graphical languages of Ladder Diagram and Functional Block Diagram, and Textual languages of Instruction List and structured Text; as well as major fields of application, applicable tests and means by which manufacturers may expand or adapt those basic sets to their own programmable controller implementations <<this website is mostly dedicated to IEC 61131-3, and contains a lot of information on it - check it out via the overview on your left side. For the IEC overview and table of content, click here.. For the PLCopen introduction, click here>> - or in word format. or (zipped) power point. For evaluation of software, click here.

The blue hyperlinks will not work, you will have to go here and in menu on left click TC1: http://www.plcopen.org/

Last edited:
Unregistered said:
Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of all5 parts to 1131-c or where to find this info??
I can, but it is a very boring subject and I do not have the time right now. Maybe later, it is late and I am tired now.