Sequencers

randy

Supporting Member
I’m working with A-B SLC-5/02 processor. I’m trying to set up a SQO function. The following is how I have the Sequencer setup:

File #N7:0
MASK 0FFFh
Dest. O: 2.0 (This is a 16 bit output card 1746-OW16)
Control R6.0
Length 6
Position 0

When I try to download to the processor I get to following message “Program as error, Cannot Download”. When I change the destination from an output word O: 2.0 to a B3:0 bit it works fine. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Randy

This may seem over simple. But sometimes that's where the answer is. Are you sure that you have an output cand in slot 2? Many times people miscount the slots. The processor lives in the first slot which is slot 0. Then count up.

Yes, I double checked with some simple logic using my inputs and the outputs. This output module is in the right slot.

Any other suggestions?

Thank's

Typo?

I notice in your post, in two places, you refer to O:[space] 2.0. The address is O:2.0 (no space).

One way to avoid this kind of typo is to open the data table, change the radix to Decimal, and then drag the address into the instruction.

Except for annotation, and creating and sizing data tables and program files, you can program in all of RSLogix without ever touching a keyboard! Similarly, if you know the instruction set and their 3-letter abbreviations, you can program in all of RSLogix with ever touching the mouse.

Last edited:
sequencer

Allen is right! RSLogix will let you get away with a lot of syntax errors until you go to download! You should use the check file button at the top of the screen, white paper with a green check mark on it. This not only tells you you have an error, but tells you where and what it is. The error you are getting is from the processor telling you something is wrong and leaving it up to you to find out what. Check to see that you don't have that undesired [space] that Allen mentioned. That will doom you every time.
Good luck
Randy L.

p.s. There are more than a few Randy's in here aren't there? I am gonna sign with my other initial to help us keep it all straight.

Last edited:
dam space's

Thanks guys, those DAM spaces will get you every time. My sequencer is working now.

Thanks for the help.

Randy M.