MMI to SERVO Drive

arunkataria

I am using a YASKAWA make SERVO DRIVE,and there is only one parameter which needs to be changed.
I do not want to use a PLC & MMI for that purpose.
Can somebody suggest me an MMI which can directly communicate with my YASKAWA SERVO DRIVE?
There are MMI's which can communicate with A C DRIVES but I din't found any for SERVO.

What communication protocol is Yaskawa using?

If it's Modbus you have MMI's galore to do it, if it's proprietary you might have a problem.

As Ron metioned in your thread at his site, you'll need to tell us the specific Yasakawa model. Maple Systems stuff can talk to Yasakawa, but only the models listed on THIS page.

🍻

-Eric

This was also posted at patchn.
Thanx for your response but this isn't a controller,
this is a YASKAWA servo drive model no. SGMAH04AAA41 Sigma II series.
The exact problem is that, it is a SPM which is using two servos with electronic gearing, but the gear ratio needs to be changed for different tasks to be performed.Introducing a PLC to change the parameter through an MMI will be costlier. and also it doesn't seem a wise idea to use a PLC for just a single parameter change.
This was my reply:
This is the manual: http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmservo.nsf/(DocID)/TKUR-5PHSJH/$File/Sigma-II%20User%20Manual.pdf

The only option I see is use the handheld digital operator...Chapter 7.

Norm
I know you are a distributor and worried about the "advertising" issues but could you be more specific in this case.

Many of the motion controllers have RS232 ports but what he listed was just the amplifier. It has a port that the handheld digital operator or a PC can connect too but I couldnt determine if an MMI/HMI could be connected to it.

Personally I would just use the handheld digital operator.

So could you explain if it can be done and what kind of cable would be needed for the connection? With the Sigma driver does that allow you to "address" the Sigma parameters?

Inquiring mind needs to know.

I've never connected to a Yaskaw before. The first paragraph of the Cimrex help file for this driver reads:

This manual describes how to connect the Yaskawa Sigma II servo systems with the option module JUSP-NS600 to the operator terminals, and how to install and handle the driver Yaskawa JUSP-NS600.

So It looks like you need to have an option module installed to use the driver. I've never delt w/ this driver so I would suggest calling Beijer to see if it would work. I have attached the help file for the Cimrex Yaskawa driver in pdf format.