Vickers Servo Drive

I have an application that has a 3 axis servo drive by Vickers. The controller is an open frame computer of some sort. The drives and servos are Vickers. I can't find any info on Vickers drives and servos on the web. We want to swap out the computer for a Control logix plc. Does any one know if this can be done without changeing the servos and drives?

Also the local AB rep came up empty on any info on the Vickers...

Thanks

John

The CLX analog servo control cards should be able to control any servo amplifier that accepts the correct input signals for enable and speed reference. You would need two 1756-M02AE servo modules.

Quote from AB manual:
The Analog/Encoder Servo Module
(1756-MO2AE)
The Analog/Encoder servo module provides an analog/quadrature encoder servo drive interface. The servo module receives configuration and move information from the ControlLogix controller and manages motor position and velocity.
The servo module supports:
• Connection capability for up to two drives
• ±10V analog output
• Quadrature encoder inputs
• Home limit switch inputs
• Drive fault inputs
• Drive enable outputs
• 5V or 24V position registration inputs
• 250 µs position and velocity loop updates
A/B has several other motion control cards for CLX including a hydraulic motion controller with LVDT inputs.
You will have to find out if your Vickers amps meet these requirements in order to keep the existing drives and motors.