Rockwell activations

hitesh

I know you have seen this many times -

Has anyone got the utility to transfer master disks to usb sticks

I just tried it the evmove utility should be on your rs logix installation software. the USB stick will show up with a drive letter and the move activation utility will recognize it or should

Don't do it! Yet...

I have read in previous posts that a speical evmove utility is required for transfer to/from USB memory sticks. There ARE issues if you try to use the standard utility that comes with the software.

booten said:
Go to ab's website here http://www.ab.com/versaview/faq.html

Download the EvMove utility from the 5th Q&A. This file is actually called EvMoveCF and will let you move your activations to a flash memory card or a non-master floppy from any windows OS.

Since this is a move utility and not a copy I don't see a problem with it being used for that purpose.

Many people do not want to carry their master disk around subjecting them the harsh abuse which could make reseting them impossible.

Keep them in a safe place in case you do need a reset.

I have moved my activations to my memory stick and use it instead of floppy's, when you open an AB product that needs an activation it will look to your floppy drive and then to your flash drive (USB) also, no need to move it from the flash media.

Bill
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=13724&highlight=usb+activation

Last edited:
Sorry bout that I just realized that one of our other IT techs had installed the EVmovecf I didn't think to look at the file header

You will have to format a new USB memory stick or flash drive first so that it will be assigned a serial number. It will not work otherwise.

You will get an error that the drive does not contain a volume serial number.

I had to do this to my free A-B USB pen and my sony memory stick and 1GB lexar jump drive flash stick (finally stuck with the laxar stick, I love it).

Bill