1747-SN Error

Otacustes

I have a 1747-SN module in a rack with a 5/04 processor. When put into run, the processor faults and reports 463h and that a "recoverable error has occured". According to the modules documentation a 63h error is:

An invalid G file configuration

I have used these modules before without much trouble - does anyone know the default values for this card or does the G file have to be setup?

Thanks for any help.

The "G File" is what configures the 1747-SN scanlist. If you have two "racks" of adapters on the network, for example, you have to check the boxes in the G-File configuration window that correspond to those Rack Numbers and Rack Sizes.

I have never seen a G-file get corrupted. You may wish to delete the module configuration and re-add it to the RSLogix 500 I/O configuration. Make sure you correctly select Series A or Series B.

or if you want to temporarily leave the G-data blank (during setup, etc.) you can disable the SN using the technique shown in this post ... this will prevent a fault even if the G-data is blank ...