OMRON NT31 numerical entry

BJR

I am trying to create a numerical entry but am having no luck. I have the reference manual for the NT31 but it is not very helpful. My first question is if there is a built in keypad I can trigger to come up or if I have to create one myself? Either I am missing something major or this is ridicuously painful compared to any other HMI I've used.
I created a numerical entry object on one screen and set the touch area up for Input Key - Window/Keyboard then created a new keyboard screen to switch to. The Numeral Input properties has a Table Entry setup for it with the PLC address I want to write to. I can't even download my screen yet because the keyboard screen is empty.
I sure hope this Numerical Entry function is built in! Can somebody walk me through the basics on what to set some of these properties at?

I will try and give you the info that I have on how to do it, I had the same problem few months ago, and struggled through it also.

I have a numeral input function setup with the table reference of the DM area that I want to be able to modify, and then I have a touch switch that displays the keypad pop up.

This does seem to work, once enter is pressed from the keypad, the values are then sent to the PLC. The only little quirk that I found, was that if you have multiple values that are to be changed on the same screen by this method, is that they need to be consecutive in your table entries. And then the keypad up/dn arrows are used to navigate to the value that is wanting to be changed. This is defined by the numeral entry being highlighted.

If you get stuck, i can try and send ( or post ) the setup that I have.

Good luck

It may even be easier to use a thumbwheel if these values, and then add an enter button if you want to change on the run. The only problem with the thumbwheel, is that they do no inc/dec consecutively, so you could go from 49 to 39, or 239 as an example, so the enter or update button would make sense.

I tend to agree with scottmurphy that thumbwheel would be easy.
Some how they make it complicated With the NS touch panels it much easy.
PM me your mail I will send you fill with keypad.
Dont forget the reference tabel.

Yep, the thumbwheel is easy and generally much easier for an operator to use.

I definatley need some help. I have about 2+ weeks of debug left on a line that is suppose to ship this week so I have no time to stall on this. I would prefer to have it be a keypad and have no problem with the 10 registers on this screen being consecutive but will consider the thumbwheels if the keypad is a major pain. I just don't what the customer to complain about having to adjust the thumbwheels if they were set on typing it in. I'll try PM to those who asked me to and I would greatly appreciate any help on this. I need to get back to other things but my e-mail is on all day if you have time to train me. I feel bad begging because I normally have time and patience to figure these things out but not this time.

Done - I hope

Thanks for all of your help. I looked through the links you gave me Jay and then Arik e-mailed me some exaples using a keypad he must have created. I have mine working now for one entry. I will start adding on the others on that screen.
Thank you all again! I appreciate being able to concentrate on getting this line to run instead of spending a day on figuring out how to type in a number!(y)