Encoders

Dumb-dum

I am using a Mitsubishi FX plc and I need to program an encoder.

I know to use a high speed counter with this but I need to know can I use the same output from the encoder into several inputs to the plc. (using more HSC)

I need to take different readings from the encoder at different points in the sequence while another part of the sequence might still be counting.

I could use several encoders but that would be overkill if I can use the same pulse parralelled up on different inputs

I have never used a Mitsubishi FX plc but. :unsure: If the HSC's Accumulator value is stored in a memory location or data register, couldn't you use multiple compares in your program to get your results? As long as you didn't have to manipulate the data in that register you should be able to look at it and compare to it from many points in your program. You could even copy the data to a different register or location and then manipulate it if needed. Hope this helps. :D