UNWIND/REWIND DC Motors

scottmurphy

Typically what sort of DC motor is normally used for this application. I ahve a customer that wants to upgrade his existing SCR controller with a modern DC drive. The motors are still functioning good, but few problems with the SCR stack.

From what I can remember, and have been reading up, a compund motor is the best for this applcation, as it provides high torque on start up and variable speed control at high speeds.

This seems like the best possible solution as we require to control the speed of the reel based on the changing diameter.

Similar Topics

Hi all. First time programming a machine of this type. A center driven unwind feeding to a center driven rewind. No dancers or load cells, just...
Replies
Views
I have R&D project that I am working on. It consist of an unwinder and a rewinder. The goal is to unwind the material from the unwinder and rewind...
Replies
Views
Hi all... I have a machine that processes rolls of rubber coated fabric product through a slitter and rewinds the slit stock. The current PLC...
Replies
Views
I'm doing my first wind/unwind project, and I need some input from someone with more experience. ...I'm getting my butt kicked trying to control...
Replies
Views
I was working at a customer's location yesterday and I came across an intermittent issue on their wind/unwind machine. I'm still trying to figure...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom