Connect light depedent sensor to PLC

Are you talking about something like a turbidity switch? It would depend on the votage output of the switch; if it matches your input module's voltage range (i.e. 10-30 vdc or 90 - 140 vac), then yes. If it is a turbidity switch, all of the ones I've come across required a special conroller (relay) that processed the output signal from the sensor and switched a set of relay contacts.

LeoLow, what is it about your other threads you have not learned yet. Slow down and give people a chance to help you and also, provide more information than the bits you have posted so far. Multiple threads about the same or similar topic is not a good idea either!

1. Hold light switch against PLC
  2. Apply duct tape to switch and PLC
  3. switch is now connected to PLC

Leolow, i think you are talking about light activated sensor. the best thing you do is try to measure the output of the device you are using then if voltage range is thesame to the PLC input voltage range, then you can connect directly to PLC. If it is below or beyond the PLC input voltage range then better use interface relay.

hope this will answer your query.

Leolow, i think you are talking about light activated sensor. the best thing you do is try to measure the output of the device you are using then if voltage range is thesame to the PLC input voltage range, then you can connect directly to PLC. If it is below or beyond the PLC input voltage range then better use interface relay.

hope this will answer your query.

Leolow,

I agree with Danpreps. I think your talking about light activated sensor. Now, you did not not mention what kind of PLC processor you are using. Anyway, just like any sensor it should go to the input module of your PLC. Just make it sure the ouptut of your light activated sensor is more or less the same with the other input signals of your PLC ( ex. 24 VDC, PNP ). Otherwise, you can use an interface relay.