Firmware bug in AutomationDirect Stage Programming

zmanvortex

Ok, to me this would be considered a firmware bug. I use stage and block programming heavily in my programs. I always assumed all stage bits in a block would be deactivated when the block becomes deactivated. This is true for regular stages (SG) in the block, but it does not reset any Convergent stages (CV) that are active in the block. I ran into this problem when I was waiting for two different process to complete. If only one of the process completed and was waiting in a CV stage, and someone hit an estop which would kill the block, then the CV stage bit would stay on. The only way to reset the CV stage bit was to cycle the power or try to complete the process again. The second method of resetting the stage bit could be disasterous because the program would think the first process is complete. The workaround I did in my programs is to add a rung below the rung where my bcall is and reset all cv stages in that block if the block bit is false. Has anyone else ran into this?