Maybe a stupid question...

DanielCamacho

Lifetime Supporting Member
1. I have a 1747-CP3 cable to connect me with the AB SLC, no problems... But what I want to know is what cable do I need to connect to the PanelView 600. The A-B site says 2711-NC113 would do the trick, but looking at the pinout (1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-6, 7-7, 8-8, 9-9) of that cable it looks to be something I could get off the shelf some place else much less expensive...
Now is this considered "null modem"?

2. Once I have the correct cable do I need to configure the PanelView printer setings? How exactly would I connect from my Laptop?

:oops:

DanielCamacho said:
1. I have a 1747-CP3 cable to connect me with the AB SLC, no problems... But what I want to know is what cable do I need to connect to the PanelView 600. The A-B site says 2711-NC113 would do the trick, but looking at the pinout (1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-6, 7-7, 8-8, 9-9) of that cable it looks to be something I could get off the shelf some place else much less expensive...
Now is this considered "null modem"?

2. Once I have the correct cable do I need to configure the PanelView printer setings? How exactly would I connect from my Laptop?

:oops:

What you're describing is a "Straight through" cable. A null modem cable has pins 2 and 3 swapped. That's what the CP3 cable is. You can definatly get these cables elsewhere for cheaper (or make your own)

Once you have this cable, you configure the panelview's serial port for DF1 in order to communicate with it from your PC (either from RSLinx or PanelBuilder).