Jay-Is it okay to ask for examples

hounddog

Jay
is is okay to ask for examples on this site,since it is not mrplc without getting accused of mooching

Best way to get help here is to post something like:

I have X and I'm trying to get it to do Y, here's what I've tried so far, or here's my code.

If you show an effort, you will gets lots of help.

BUT, not much effort equals not much help.

By not mooching.

If you want to see generic programming examples just to see how someone else might write their programs, then ask for that.

If you need help with something in particular, post how you think it might be done to show you've at least tried. You'll get tons of help that way.

The wrong way: "I need a program to run a muffler bearing press. Please post the ladder ASAP."

The right way: "I'm trying to write a program to run a muffler bearing press and one part has me stumped. I'm trying to get an output to turn on when the on switch is on and it turns off when a limit switch is reached. But its not working. The on switch is a N.O. switch and the limits switch is NC. Here is what I have but it doesn't work."

ON Limit output
----] [-----]\[-------( )-----

In the latter case there are lots of people who would be willing to help you figure out what is wrong with the rung.

Jay Anthony perhaps?
Probably. There are many here who are familiar with Omron. I presume that is the brand the query is about.

I would suggest you post what you are using, trying to do, want - as per the guidlines above and we will try to help.

The wrong way: "I need a program to run a muffler bearing press. Please post the ladder ASAP."

This sort of thing will get you nowhere.

The right way: "I'm trying to write a program to run a muffler bearing press and one part has me stumped. I'm trying to get an output to turn on when the on switch is on and it turns off when a limit switch is reached. But its not working. The on switch is a N.O. switch and the limits switch is NC. Here is what I have but it doesn't work."

This will.

Be more specific.

What is your problem?

I offered you example,and I have send it to you.
Something wronge with taht.
The willing to give examples is up to the one who give them not the one who ask.
Jay is nice guy and I am sure he dont have any objection that people will exchange examples on this site.
MrPLC is more specific forun then this.
But you can get a some examples over here too.

hounddog said:
Jay is is okay to ask for examples on this site,since it is not mrplc without getting accused of mooching

Not sure I get it either.

I think the best everyone tries, we do try and post examples. Either attached to the message, or I try and put them in the downloads section so they can be referenced later. I know I try to post example code that I've written. I might not be the best PLC programmer, but at least I try and show you what I've tried to do by posting examples in the downloads or even writing articles. I think most have a problem with doing "homework" but if it's an application question, most all will try to help. You might have caught Jay on a bad day or something. Jay is like a walking encyclopedia of examples for Omron products. If there was a category of Omron on Jeopardy, I think Ken Jennings would be in serious trouble.