panelview 1400e pvd temp file question

koti

I just uploaded the terminal application from a panelview1400e. I go to open the file and I get an error saying that the "Path to the temp folder is too long (max. 25 characters)". It's trying to go to the temp folder in my user account: c:/documents and settings/user/local settings/temp. Thus I can't open the file to edit. Does anyone know how to designate the temp file so it just goes to c:/temp or is this not the root of my problem. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Koti

It might be a Windows 3.1 thing.
That version of PanelBuilder is pretty old.

Can't you move the file to a different directory once you've uploaded it?

AK

Panelbuilder "Path to the temp folder is too long ..

right click my computer, select properties
go to the advanced tab
click on "environment variables"
from here, you can edit the TEMP and TMP variables.
it's probably set to %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp, you can change this to C:\Temp or C:\WINNT\Temp

I sure hope he wasn't having the problem after all the years, but I was having the same problem now, 10 years later and this post helped me.