NEED HELP FOR AEG Modicon A020 E 220V UPLOAD???

morzian

Hi all! Got some problem here. Does anyone know the hardware/software required to upload/download program from a;
AEG Modicon A020 E 220V EN Micro controller???
Its a bit old, really... Do you know where to buy one?

This may help you get started,

The micro is a modicon "brick" style PLC that uses 984 ladder logic.
It can be programmed with Modsoft (dos) or Proworx (windows).
Check out the Schneider-electric website. (schneider-electric.ca in Canada)
Brian.

Edit: Checked the website and no info on the micro I am familiar with. They have Micro TSX which is either a new version or one of the other brands that schneider is consolidating.

The one you have is similar to one I found in an old catalog. (1995)
The A020 refers to the I/O configuration I believe.
The ones in the catalog are all A120
Other than serial communication to a computer, there is a handheld programmer HHP VPU 192

Looks like you are into an obsolete unit.

Last edited:
From what I remember, the A020 was primarily sold in Europe (Germany) and the A120 was North America (US). This "limited availability" family is called the Modicon Micro which is not to be confused with the new and totaly different TSX Micro.

Thanks Jim,Sliver...this system we have was actually used in a CNC machine from Germany so this must be the Modicon Micro Jim is reffering to. We have problem troubleshooting because we don't have the program. If this is the Europe edition A020, can I use the Modsoft of Proworx Sliver is telling to upload program?

does it look anything like this?

micro.jpeg

http://www.phillipscompanies.com/Modicon%20CPU.JPG

Proworx should work for you.

I opened Proworx and attempted to create a new project. Under the compact controller group there is an option to select the 984-A120, so I dont see why it shouldn't work. You can download an evaluation copy of Prowrox from the Modicon.com website if you don't have it. Its a hobbled demo, but I think that will let you upload but you will only be able to see the first few of rungs. At least you'll know if it will work before shelling out the money for a licensed version.

The last Modicon 984 stuff I bought was from off of ebay. I see it there frequently. You can look there for a spare.

A few years ago there was still quite a bit of 984 support documentation on Modicon's site but its all but disappeared. Here is a link to a Schneider sponsored board for Modicon. http://modicon.control.com/

I heard rumor that Telemcanique was going to discontinue the Modicon brand, that they would continue to market the Quantum under Telemacanique. I don't know if its true, anyone have any insight in this?

Thanks for clarifying that Jim. So Modicon is now a product name under the Telemakingjunk brand. That makes more sense than what I had heard, with the installed base it just didn't make sense to ditch the name altogether.

(Apologies for the Telejunk wisecrack, I just dont think much of their switches and contactors, but them I'm old school NEMA)

Hi Jim,Alaric,Sliver - please forgive me for this. The actual unit I got doesn't have the model clearly stated.As I browsed from sold items in ebay, Modicon A020 is the nearest in terms of outside physical appearance. But apparently, when somebody sent a pdf manual of A020, internal hardware seems to be different.

Do you know the exact model of this PLC and the hardware/software required to access program? I uploaded the picture files in the site below;

www.geocities.com/morzian/index.html

Will wait for your reply. Thanks again.

morzian

The A020 family is probably related to the Modicon Compact (which uses the A120 I/O) rather than the Modicon Micro. It was actually an old AEG product called the A-Line. i don't believe it is not part of the 984 Ladder Logic family.

Here is another website to try, this is sponsered by the "Modicon" tech support group, so most of the features require a contract, however you can search their knowledge base.-> http://eclipse.modicon.com

Under the topic "Other Programming Software"
Question:What is the part number for the AEG A-Line PLC's programming software?Answer: The software part number for the AEG A-Line PLC's is SW AKL EN VOLLV. This software is used to program the A010, A020 and the A030 processors

I believe to remember that old PLC. It was sold in Europe to the end of years '80. One was A020 model, an other the A020 plus model.
For the programming there was a DOLOG_AK (ladder) and A020 (stl and a simulator).
The company AEG was part af the AEG-Telefunken group and that group had an economic disease in that years. The software was abandoned to MSDOS version

I sent my old software to morzian and we will see....

Got some additional data. There's a number below the power supply terminals that reads;

AEG DEA-P1
7628-219781.07
220V 50-60Hz

Somebody said DEA-P1 is the model?