Relative permeability( INDUCTANCE RATING)

Hi Guys, Wolf here again.

First of all, Thanks to terry for the great post on inductors it really helped me out. Thanks terry.

I was wondering if anybody has any light to share with me on relative permeability.

If I have 570 cm-long coil, with 6800 turns of wire wrapped around an iron core with a cross-sectional area of 6000 cm2 and a relative permability of 600. What is the inductance rating?

(The peremability of free space is 4 PIE X 10 to the negative 7 H/m)?

I would like some input how to solve for H?

and also what happens if the relative permeability of an inductor is low?

Again I would appreciate anyone insight into these questions!!

I look foward to reading your answers!!!

WOLF

Wolf

You are only 14 (?) if I recall correctly ??
If you are asking this kind of question you are well on your way to becoming an electrical design engineer.
Keep it up.
Maybe we can study and try to stay ahead of you.
I sure don't know the answer to this one.
Looks like I am going to learn
-- thank you

Dan Bentler

Well Thanks Dan....

I love electronics, and when I am not working....McDonalds...I enjoy building computers, flying model Airplanes, and fixing (or try too) old tv's, radios. etc.....

I feel that this is a field one day, I will go into, and since this is something I enjoy doing, I feel having the ability to tap into an unlimited source of knowledge, such as this site, and the internet.

By the time I get to college, I will have a good grasp of the fundementals that are required of me to excel in my feild.

I just like to say thanks for the support that the members of this site has given me.

Wof