Pls help

murtaza

Having trouble with one promicon unit working on a bag making machine. When started cold after about a day the red/green light on the cpu are blinking and we get a warning on the man/machine interface supervisor "pls time out".

We then leave the promicon on for about a hour and switch off the power supply to the unit and re start a few times. The system suddenly starts to work by blinking on the green light only. When swiched off and on again in a short period of time, it works fine, This problem only occurs after a cold state.

If anyone can help, please reply via email to [email protected]

Regards
Murtaza Akbarally

Last edited:
I don't know what a promicon is, but it doesn't matter.
The most likely cause is a bad electrolytic cap. Look for one that is bulging and/or running hot. If it's in a switch-mode power supply, make sure you use low ESR caps for replacement.

Keith
[email protected]