SLC error code

huynt

Do you know, why it have it error.
Thanks.
SLCerror.JPG

Thats a strange one.
The S:5 bit that probably caused the fault should stay ON when the CPU went to stop mode, thereby allowing you to investigate.

Try to copy S:5 to an intermediary word as the last thing in file 2. Then compare the copied word with the error bits.

The most common minor error is the math overflow bit S:5/0.
I normally check it at the end of file 2, and if it is set I unlatch it and generate an alarm on my HMI.

this means a minor error occured and wasn't taken care of so the processor escalated the problem and shut down on a major error.

my guess is that the minor error was a math overflow. a math overflow is considered a minor error, unless it isn't cleared, then it becomes a major error and halts the processor.

the easy way around this is to unlatch S:5/0 right before the last rung. But i'd caution against doing this until you track down the problem and decide whether or not it's acceptable for your application.