1785-KA User Manual

Tim Ledwith

Has anybody got a pdf copy of this Manual ? I have tried searching the A-B Literature Library without any success. The publication number is 1785-6.5.1

I have three of these units fitted in a A-B PLC5 rack. I understand they are for bridging between different Data Highway networks.

If someone could tell me how to wire these up it would get me started. I assume the 3 pin data highway connectors are connected to different channels on the 5/40 PLC.

Thanks in advance, Tim.

I know this won't be a terrible lot of help but - Yes, the KA is used to bridge DH+ to data highway. My guess would be that the PLC-5 and the three KAs will reside on the DH+ network and each KA will provide comms. to a separate data highway network.

I havent dealt with KA modules in almost 10 years now. I always thought they were specific to the PLC used...ie KA2 for PLC2, KA3 for PLC3 and KA5 for PLC5. Since a PLC5 was mentioned I "assumed" that it would be a KA5.

1785-KA was a DH / DH+ bridge
1771-KA2 was a PLC-2 DH adapter
1785-KA3 was a PLC-2 DH+ adapter
1785-KA5 was a DH485 to DH+ bridge

I think the PLC-3 was 1775

OG

Ken,

Thanks for the link. It was definitely the KA Manual I was looking for.

Davidg,

Thanks for the offer, I got the manual I needed from Ken.

Everybody else,

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards, Tim.