Any one every used MICROWIN 4.0

mjamil

I am specially interested in knowing more about "DATA LOGS" that can be created there in.

I have application, where I need to send reports from the PLC, sincce this function is not available in my old MICROWIN 3.2, I'm considering an upgrade.

Any one shed light on this?

With this function you can store data with time stamp on a memory cartridge!
The data is stored in CSV format, which can be read eg. en Excel.
See below some addition information for the manual.

The Data Log Wizard helps you store process measurement data in the memory cartridge. Moving process data storage to the memory cartridge frees V-memory addresses that would otherwise be required to store this data. record definitions are entered in the Data Log Wizard. Changes to record definitions can be made by re-running the Data Log Wizard.
The S7-200 Explorer tool can copy the stored data log records from the memory cartridge. Using the S7-200 Explorer, navigate to the memory cartridge icon, select a data definition, and then upload the related data log records. The uploaded CSV file (Comment Separated Values) will open the windows application associated with CSV files (for example, MS Excel or MS Notepad). Use the windows application to save a permanent copy of the new data log CSV file on your disk drive.

Hey Leonardo,

Here's a trick questions

1) MICRO WIN 4, runs only on W2K or XP, right?
2) The older version I have, cannot be installed on a XP

3) So if I get a upgrade for Win 4, but my PG has win-98 installed, how can I install this upgrade? because If I do so, I've heard the WIN 4, doesnt operate on win-98 platform?

what r u using?

Here's the answer, took some time to get the right answer, but I'm still going for a complete version of MICROWIN 4, instead of an Upgrade.

--> Click here <--

in case the link doesnt work, the result achieved is given below.

Micro/Win V3.1 can´t be installed on Windows XP.
If you have an older Windows (Win95, 98, NT) you can install it there and transport the licence with a trick to the Win XP PC.
Then you can use an upgrade to V3.2 or V4.0, which is needed for using Micro/Win on Win XP.

The trick is described in a FAQ:
http://www4.ad.siemens.de/WW/news/en/10351238