Please help me blag it

Lennie

Ive got to explain to some placement people at work and i need to explain how data registers work, could someone give me a quick explaination of how they work please. I really havent got a fookin clue.....................

Thanks in advance.

Yours cheekely

Lennie

I interpret your request as "I'm interviewing for a job for which I'm not qualified. Please give me some phrases to use so I can convince the interviewer that I really know something about it."

Now I ask you, why should anybody here who cares about competence, professionalism, and quality want to help an unqualified person break into the field of industrial automation? How would you feel if the surgeon who operates on your ruptured appendix had the same attitude toward mastering the art as you?

this amazes me.

you obviously have access to the internet. look it up. probably wouldn't take much longer than it would have to post this request.

i consider myself lazy because i've hardly ever had to go to a library to do research, or mail someone to request information. i just plop myself down in front of the computer and google all the info i need, so i can barely comprehend the laziness of not even being able to do that.

Gee...

There are a few people here that really should see this so that they can get a feel for why some of us long-time-regulars have been driven to such a level of cynacism.

...do ya think?

LOL..none of you ever bullshi**ed your way through something before??
we are all asked to do something we have never done before..do we decline? no..we say sure no problem..and then investigate, work and pull of the impossible..now some people are put on the spot and need answers quick..hell look at learning by doing?? did anyone bash pstephens for taking on a project she couldnt do??..you people bent over backwards to help..and now she knows how..

i was asked one time how modbus communications worked..didnt have a clue..and it showed but i was on the spot..i lost the contract for that..the damn machine they were building required no comminucations for lords sake..so its fare that i didnt get it decouse i dont know the modbus protocol like the back of my hand??

I do understand why so many people get upset when studens post there homework and expect others to do it for them..but lets not all jump to conclusions..a post or two asking questions would have revealed a student in second..

sorry but just my 2c

Well, to be honest, I've been in that position just like anyone else. But in my case, I did some research ahead of time, and tried to formulate some intelligent questions so I would get some decent feedback. This guy could barely write an intelligible sentence, so why should we take him seriously?

And that's why I don't even respond to inquiries like his. If we all just ignored them, they would be off the front page in hours. Posters like PStephens are awesome, and are obviously doing their homework. I'd rather spend my time helping them instead of Lancie.

Just my two cents.

1 cent

darrenj said:
I do understand why so many people get upset when studens post there homework and expect others to do it for them..but lets not all jump to conclusions..a post or two asking questions would have revealed a student in second..
Nice... But then again, where are you helping him?

Just a pennies worth from me... o_O

hell look at learning by doing?? did anyone bash pstephens for taking on a project she couldnt do??..you people bent over backwards to help..and now she knows how..
That was a bad example to use, this question and Learn by doing are not in the same class. First Paula was professional in her attitude and questioning on the subject. Paula is an engineer that does know what she is doing but had not done the control side herself.

Personally this person better get a clue, buy a vowel or something. In day to day life in maintenance I have to deal with unions that require senior personnel to get any position they want, capable or not. Retired military with no electro-mechanical/engineering background obtaining supervisory positions.

I dont need more phonies to deal with.

Woah... some harsh posts there. In defence of the fella posting this, the word "blag" is used around my area in the UK to just mean "wing it".

The wikipedia has it down as "to deceive or hoax" which is a fair translation but a little harsh in this case.

Lennie, it would probably help if you explained exactly what you want to know about 'data registers' and also why you want to know it.

People are generally much more inclined to help if you meet them halfway ie. do some of your own research and then ask any questions you have based on your findings.

I also agree with darrenj that I think everyone has had to 'blag' their way through certain things at some point in their life.

Its normally the way we increase our knowledge, by taking on something that we are not altogether familiar with and then learning it as we do it.

:)