rslogic communications

muli36

I`ve been trying to connect my laptop to a couple of slc500 throug a 1747-pic interface converter and after a tried almost every single possible combination (port,node,path,drives..) when I try to go online the error message said that the path/node is not reconized and that the processor is not a slc500 or a micrologic....after I disconnect the PIC the message is the same,,,,,,,,,,,
please help where I can find the way to configure my devices...
the 1747-pic is new and it said SER A. on the box but the cable from the pic to the plc is marked as 1747-c10 SER B.is this rilevant???
I`m trying to connect to a SLC 500 1747-L30A SER B.
If somebody can help me out on the way to set this thing out it will be really appreciate...
thanks marco

RSLogix communications

RSLogix needs RSLinks to communicate with a processor. Go to this link and it may be helpful:
http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm&Seq=1

If not, cruise around on the AB.com site and pick through the info till you find what you need. It will help you in the long run if you find the info rather than just taking some ones word for it. Also, you could try contacting your local AB distributor and ask their in house expert for help.
Randy L.

MY SLC 500 L30D and 1747-PIC SER-A with SER B cable offered too many similarities so I had to see what was needed to connect.

I had a problem at first because my Com 1 Port was disabled in Device Manager but once that was Enabled all was OK.

What I did was connect the 1747-PIC to my WIN98 IBM Laptop on COM1 and to the L30D then powered both units up. Once the laptop was in Windows I opened RSLINX 2.30 and went to Communications then Configure Driver.

The Driver window opens and at the top is Available Driver Types, click the arrow and the list of drivers will show.
Select the 1747-PIC/AIC+Driver
Click Add New
It ask you to choose a name (default being AB_PIC-1)
After choosing name click OK
Configure Driver window will open
Select YOUR Com Port and baud rate
Click OK
The PIC driver should be listed and running now
Close Configure Driver window
You should be able to see the SLC500 node and your computer listed under the PIC driver.

A few details that you may need to know.
The 1747-PIC DOES NOT WORK with USB to serial port adapters (in most cases).
If using Win2k or WinXP you will need RSLinx 2.30 or above(best to get latest version regardless).
With XP there can be other issues if not using 5.20.00
YOU MUST verify what COM PORT your laptop is using externally and that it is enabled, also that baud rate matches (not always an issue but can be in some cases).
IF you have another Driver in RSLinx that uses the com port (like DF1) then remove it, these things dont like to share com ports.