PowerLogic Ethernet gateway

fids

there are existing 20 power monitoring devices (modbus) connected in daisy chain. this is connected to a gateway, powerlogic ethernet gateway, so that it can communicate to the existing plant ethernet network. How can i extract the data using RSview? Do i need to use OPC? what OPC i'm going to use. thanks in advance.

PowerLogic devices could be communicating using Modbus (Modbus TCP) or Sy/max protocol, but the gateway should handle the translations for you. All of the data is contained in storage registers (words), so the mechanics of RS-View communication should be the same as to any non-Rockwell controller.

You specifically mentioned Modbus, so any multidrop Modbus compatible OPC or other driver should work.

Similar Topics

Hi PLC Gurus A customer has requested the connection of a Schneider PowerLogic PM5560 Power Meter to a Rockwell Control Logix PLC. The...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm placing a Powerlogic meter (PM800) to read a Sepam S80 relay information and send it to my Controllogix. The meter is...
Replies
Views
hi u all, i am trying to read data from a merlin Gerin powerlogic pm9c i am using a laptop ,adam 4520 converter(485-322)and a modbus opc server...
Replies
Views
Looking at possibly tying this all together. Found an AB modbus card from prosoft. Does any one know is this a fesible solution. We need to at...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom