create symbols for S7

Björn

B
hello,

knows anybody a programm that i can use to create symbols for s7 automatically?

thanks!
björn

program

Hallo,

thanks! but im search for a program what can do that automatically with templates.

Björn

You can write a program in Visual Basic or Visual Basic for Applications. For my company i wrote a program in VB that creates software including symbolics using source files and the .SDF files from siemens. It takes some time but then it's according your requirements. (My program creates all the routine software parts. Like outputs, failure management, etc)

Vb

Hello Werner,

i cant write a program in vb. im searching for a programm. the symcreator looks good, but where can i find a freewaretool?

björn

learn to program... by any means, use any vb based editor for any Microsoft program.

I created a series of scripts, that can configure a 1000 IO HMI setup in about 30 minutes of cutting and pasting the results.

If you know what kind of source your looking to create ( csv -> import as symbol list) you can make a vb script to do it. Be creative.