if we upgrade the plc to another brand

lmqvip

We change PLC fr. simens S5 to Ge fanuc.
can I copy my s5 program in LAD representation into GE directly , and just redesign the operands again.
like put the flowers in a new vase.....
does it work?

There is no program that will convert the S5 files to whatever files the GE requires, you will have to input the program manually into the GE. This should not present you with any problems if it is only ladder that you need to convert.

Paul

Paul,

I wouldn't be too sure about having no problems. Just think about the different way latches are programmed: latch and unlatch (Allen-Bradley), keep (Omron, set and reset (Siemens and several others). Also retention can be a real problem: is it the instruction (Allen-Bradley) or the memory location (Siemens) that determines retention? I agree that the are not mountain-high, but they still exist. Besides that I dn't know in what bin the GE Fanuc falls exactly.

Kind regards,

Interesting analogy...

lmqvip said:
like put the flowers in a new vase.....
Depending on the size/complexity of the bouquet, you will definitely need to rearrange the flowers...
3.gif

Some flowers will need to be exchanged for different varieties, though you should be able to produce the same aroma in the end...
8.gif

🍻

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
Depending on the size/complexity of the bouquet, you will definitely need to rearrange the flowers...

Some flowers will need to be exchanged for different varieties, though you should be able to produce the same aroma in the end...

-Eric
AWWWWWwwwwww, that is so beautiful. :cry:

Erics right.

You have to print out the program from the old plc and interperet it for the GE and then manually re-enter it into the GE.

If you have a large program, it's going to be a long haul.

Casey, as a matter of fact YES. China is on the west bank of the St. Clair River just downriver from Port Huron. If your in the neighborhood stop in at the Marwood bar.