Panel View 550 Problem Booting/Starting

boy191304

We are using Panel View 550 for fire Control AUtomation since last one month it is not booting by its own showing error error error error it does not show any error no the suppilier say that it is not repairable and he says new one to be purchased.

Kindly Advise what could be the problem and solution to the same

also if any one has how much the new/used one will cost

Rajesh Meena

Last edited:
You will need the exact part number from the existing PV-550 to ensure that you get an exact replacement. These units support many different communication protocols, and it's easy to buy the wrong one.

You can perhaps purchase a refurbished one at this LINK, or you might find a used one on E-Bay.

But I'm confused, if the unit is only one month old, it should still be under warranty, and eligble for a free replacement.

Ken

no unit is quite old not under warrenty its part no is 2711- XXXXXXand it uses DH485 Communication

I am notl looking for the new one but for the solution new one is my last choice but.

r u able to communicate with terminal with linx? Could be the problems with only the display. Do u see any error LED flashing?

Recently I got into similar situation; AB had no answers; advised to sent for repair/replace!! Finally replaced with new.

Put a little effort into it, kid.

Rajesh, I have always seen a numeric error code (like 634 or 610 or 624) along with the "Error / Errore / Erreur " screen. Of course, I don't have any broken PanelViews handy right now to check.

Take the time to copy down the EXACT text on the screen, as well as the EXACT part number.

Rajesh wants it all on a plate - just go there and sort out the problem for him - do as you are told Ken , what are you waiting for ?

My Dispplay is ok
My Communication is OK
No Error LED glowing
What i get in screen i will explain
like that

error error(other language) error(other language) error(other language) error(other language)

and the cursur blinking

and no effect of any keystoke

That wasn't so hard, was it ?

What you are seeing is a power-on-self-test failure code.

Knowbase G20862

It means that the firmware has somehow been corrupted, probably by the failure of the onboard flash memory.

You could try creating an ATA Flash memory card for firmware update (if the PanelView was f/w rev 3.x or later to begin with), but I don't know if that will work if only the boot firmware is intact. It's more likely that you will, as Technical Support told you, have to replace the unit.

Thank your for your information and support

I will get the New panel View as it caanot be repairable

can any one send me the qoute for the same

Rajesh