Suggestion required regarding networking course

manmeetvirdi

I’ am going to pursue a course in Networking, and since it involves the investment of both Money and Time it would be very kind of you all if you suggest which particular course to pick up

1) Solaris of Sun Microsystems

2) MCSA of Microsoft

3) CCNA of CISCO

Which would be the most beneficial?

Also which computer language would be most helpful to learn vis-à-vis PLC and SCADA.

VB, VC ++, Java, Oracle, others?

Thanx to you all in advance.

Manmeet

networking

I would recomend Novel CNE. This is better than Microsoft. It gives more info on the design of networks and securing of the server. The language best suited for today is VB and C++.
My opinion:) Take care, Bruce.

Hie Bruce

Got interested. How best can one enrol, is it long diatance or self paced as in home?

regards Den

off your list i'd go with the CCNA if you want to learn about networking and network equipment.

i took the CCNA network academy classes from cisco and it's fairly comprehensive. It covers everything from simple LAN concepts up to heavy duty WAN technologies.

Thanx

Monkeyhead , i will most probably go for CCNA,and hope it would be help me a lot.
Bruce Novell option is not available to me.

With regards
Manmeet