Protool program Starting Problem

sanjay_snj

hi all,

i have a prolem starting protool. i have got the plc back up (zip file) from the supplier and a retrieved the project after starting SIMATIC MANAGER. i found protool icon. when i double clik it, it started the Protool program. During start up i got the message "The required device type TP270 10 is not supported by the protool version installed. Check the entries in the c:\siemens\protool\protool.ini". i was very much surprised as i am having Protool version 6.0,which supports "TP270 10" SIMATIC OP. i checked up protool.ini and find that line "TP270 10=LY_TP270_10.DLL" is there. also dll file is existing.

i started protool separately and clicked "help-about" button. in the installed component list i could not find TP270. Why ? How to install these ?
if any body is having idea, please help me in sorting out the problem.

sanjay

Protool V6.0

I beleive you need SP2 even if this is not the case, if you do not have and you install it, this should fix the problem.

Thankx

aloudermilk said:
I beleive you need SP2 even if this is not the case, if you do not have and you install it, this should fix the problem.

Thanks for the reply. Actually later i found out that i was having Protool/Lite and not the Protool/Pro or Protool/CS. Protool/Lite can only work upto TP170A SIMATIC OP. For later version Protool/pro or cs is req.

thankx

Spelling

aloudermilk said:

It seems like a college Grad. could spell