accesing single bit in distributed I/O

Pandiani

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I've just finished 11th chapter of working with Step7: "Configuring the distributed
I/O, there is example how to configure distributed I/O via PROFIBUS. Example is shown in
attachment. As you can see the module has input addresses 4...5. My question is how to
access a single bit in byte 4 of B-16DI. B-16DI is at address 1 and how to use this info
to access a sigle bit?
I assume that solution has something to do with PI (Peripheral Input) but I'm not sure.
Also, what address 1023* in slot 2.1 DP-Master means?
Thanks for help.

You Said:
Also, what address 1023* in slot 2.1 DP-Master means?

This is a diagnostic address and should not concern you on this issue.

So, it's just that simple? I thought it's something more complicated since analog inputs are treated with PIW.
Anyway, thank you

Pandiani said:
I thought it's something more complicated since analog inputs are treated with PIW.

Yes, analogue inputs are addressed using PIW and PQW, but what you have asked about is a digital input.

The AI2X12bit that you have in slot 6 of the main rack will be addressed using PIW, if you let the system decide the address this will probably be PIW368 and PIW370

Paul