help

Unregistered

U
Hi never been on a forum before but i was wondering as i have no real experience with plcs if buddha was to output 2 different lights going on and off in a loop for ten secs on and ten secs off all the time in a loop how would you do it, the start button is x407.
i am using the same plc and me and a friend want to create the two lights flashing to represent a warning to help us in our presentation, we have tried but with no luck.

if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
thankyou

Unregistered,

Here is one way to do it (and the title should say "REPEATS EVERY 20 SECONDS"). The specific instructions will depend on the brand of yor PLC. To get better, more specific answers, please give more details in your questions.

FLASHING-LIGHTS.JPG

Last edited:

X407
---| |-----------[SET M100]--

M100 T200
---| |---|\|--------[T200]---
K1000
T200 M101
---| |-+--| |----[RST M101]--
| M100
+--|\|----[SET M101]--

M101
---| |--------------[Y400]---

Button wired to X407 latches internal relay M100 on.

If internal relay M100 is on and timer T200 is not finished, then turn on T200. T200 expires after 10 seconds. Because of the LDI T200 statement, this acts as a self reseting timer. LD T200 only becomes true for one scan of the ladder every ten seconds.

Every 10 seconds when LD T200 becomes true, if M101 is on latch it off. If it is off, then latch it on.

If M101 is on then turn on the output Y400 that the light is wired to.

Untested and pulled out of my beer soaked ***.

A couple things...

monkeyhead said:

X407
---| |-----------[SET M100]--

M100 T200
---| |---|\|--------[T200]---
K1000
T200 M101
---| |-+--| |----[RST M101]--
| M100
+--|\|----[SET M101]--

M101
---| |--------------[Y400]---

Monkeyhead, I see a few things that this logic will not give "unregestered". First, your only using one light he needs two. Second, it will not flash for 10 seconds on then the other light for ten seconds...
And how does M100 ever get reset if X407 is set, and will it ever set M101?
Cheers... Sorry, just had to say something...🍻

Last edited:
oops... i'm a drinkin tonight.

anyway, typo on the third rung after the OR... should have been M101 instead of M100.

for second light add:

M101
---|/|------[Y401]--

and i didn't provide anything to stop the flashing... once you hit X407, that mother will flash forever.

Lol

monkeyhead said:
and i didn't provide anything to stop the flashing... once you hit X407, that mother will flash forever.

LMAO @ Monkeyhead...

PS... Still does not flash the lights...
I think your going to end up with something like Lances code... lol
🍻

Last edited:
dude i'm a total amateur, but why wouldn't it flash?

scan 1 - user presses x407.
scan 2 - x407 is still true, m100 is set
scan 3 - m100 is true and LDI t200 is true - t200 begins timing

scan after T200 becomes true - t200 is true. this makes the rung with the ldi t200 statement false reseting the timer. the next rung will alternate the state of m101.

next scan after that - t200 is false so the timer starts timing again.

i started off on A/B so maybe that's what's screwing me up, but what's wrong with this?

Look up...

Just need to add the S:4/4 or the S:4/7 like the example from Lance. But then again once you add that it will basically be the same... :nodi:

maybe i misread, but i thought he wanted lights on for 10 seconds and lights off for 10 seconds.

the X407 hinted me off to mitsubishi... as far as i know they don't have the s bits like AB.

so what kinda beer you cats drink down there in mexico? good ol' U.S.A. advertising likes to convince me that it's nothing but corona south of the border.

Your right but wrong...

Your right about the Mitsubishi, but very wrong about the beer... lol
There are many more better than Corona... Sol, Tecate, Indio (dark), Victoria, Modelo, and many more...

haha... i'll have to check out modelo. i've been curious. my irish ancestory seems to play though and i like mainly beers that i can't see through.