Oh No not another Newbie with a Question

Hi Guys

Interesting forum you have here. And some interesting comments to the Newbies. I promise, i'm not here to ask you to do my homework, where's the fun in that?

Instead I am presently getting together everything I need to learn to program Mitsubishi, Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC's. At present focusing on the FX Series Mitsubishi.

My Question , which is probably the first of many (Sorry!) is:

I am aware that you need to either use the costly SC-09 cable , or make your own, to connect the PLC to a computer via RS232, however, is this also possible by using a n FX-232ADP. I have the FX-232ADP now and wondered if that could be used for programming the PLC or if its just for outputting data to HMI's etc. If it is possible then am I right in asuming a 25D to 9D null modem cable will do?

Thanks in advance.

P.

(Oh and whats the LD command do? Just kidding!)

here's the link to the mitsubishi site's downloadable manuals pertaining to the Fx series. I recommend downloading the programming and hardware manuals.

http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/sit...0010&Series=000152001020040&Line=&ManualType=

You should find all the answers in there.

From the browsing around I did, it does not look like you can use the FX-232ADP to program with. I'm not 100% sure on that, so double check.

I looked in the FX programming manual, hardware manual, and manual for the FX-232ADP manual. None made refrence to using it for programming. It looks as if it's primary function is to interface with rs-232 equipment like scanners, HMI's, and the like...

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, thats what I thought from the brief read of the manuals that i'd done. Now to go and make / buy an sc-09