OLD Hitachi CPUs

stn564

I got given some old Hitachi stuff, including CPUs CPM-E3 (on which I have plenty of info) and also a CPM-H - does anyone know anything about this one? There is nothing on the net about it, it came with a japanese manual which makes me think it came from an old series called H-100. I also have a programmer GPM-PGE with it. Any info much appreciated.

stn564,

I advise you to put it all up for sale on E-bay to the highest bidder, then take the money and buy yourself a new PLC with an English manual. somebody might want it for a museum display on early obsolete PLC's.

Thanks Lancie

Thanks for that.....I suspect you may be right, just that this old stuff seemed to be a good way to learn about PLC basics, I am told they still use them in colleges here. I also have some Toshiba EX stuff, what's your opinion on that??

Have seen and used the Hitachi H200 but not that one.

Have also used the old Toshiba EX.

I think the suggestion to place them on E-bay for sale should be applied to both types. Get yourself something much more meodern and up to date than these old clunkers. They are still around but have an extremely limited function set and would only teach you the very, very basics. Maths were also a pain in the "A" with these old timers.

Thanks all for the replies. Ref the referral to Lighthouse PLC I have been there and also contacted them and they have been VERY helpful. Bob, point taken, I will hang onto these ones and learn the very basics, then try and move onto something else. At least I'll learn a bit about interfacing and ladder logic, etc.
Thansk also to this site for the excellent online tutorial. I should be able to put most of into practice even with my "old Clunkers..."

Cheers & thanks again