WAGO-IO-PRO 32 V2.2 and 750-842 PFC

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

We've "playing with some Wago PFC for some time and here is a question which could not be answered by there tech support. The guys at Wago where more than helpfull and had some interesting leads but they came up short.

The problem:

Having a program, we cannot establish the communication from our PC to the PLC.

We have the good cable and our PC is this:

P3 with 512MRAM running XP SP1
The ware is WAGO-IO-PRO 32 V2.2
The PFC is 750-842

The symptoms:

When we go to the "Communication parameters" menu and we add a new Serial blablabla, it does not seem to be associated to our program.
wagocompar015iz.jpg

For instance, in this example, we just added a driver named COM1. As you can see it is located in its own branch of the three. When we would click "update" it would be placed in the main device driver branch with the other drivers.

As in this example we can read "untitled" in the greyed out box at the top and we cannot comunicated with the PFC.

So we click, we update, we delete it we re-create it, AND ALL OF A SUDDEN ... , it works!

Darnest thing is that we don know why it does nor why it don't!

Any kick in the arse will be appreciated ;)

We also can absolutly not communicate with a 750-816.
That will be my next question.

Pierre said:
...We've "playing with some Wago PFC for some time......
We also can absolutly not communicate with a 750-816.

Wow! One of my tech had found how to do it but now we don't seem to be able to repeat his findings ... I had to search how to establish the com with this device and googled the web to find my 2 years old question !!! :)

I might as well post the answer so someone else can find it ...

So:

For the 750-816 Remote modbus PFC ...

Before you log in, the station address switch must be set to ‘00’! The modified address will be taken over for the controller when you reconnect the supply voltage.

Now here for futur generations.