Data acquisition without controller

Unregistered

U
Dear all,
Would all of u share knowledge regarding data acquisition of field instrument such as transmitter (temperature,pressure,level) to Visual Basic (VB) based software without involving any controller (PLC,DCS,SLC,etc) as interfacing between field and VB ? We only can use ADC for interfacing purpose.

PC card

I have seen PCI cards for the PC that have analog input (4-20 mA) capabilities, and believe these come with their interface... Not sure how else you could do this without a controler of some sort converting the analog signal from a field device...

You can try opto22 they have many systems doing this , they also have scada softwares and their equipemnts are very reliable

Similar Topics

Hi All, I am using an Accuenergy Data Acquisition Server (https://www.accuenergy.com/products/aculink-810-data-acquisition-gateway-server/) to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am completely new to control systems and PLCs but have been tasked with drawing-up a concept for a new R&D test system for my company - I...
Replies
Views
I have an application that requires high speed data acquisition. We are looking to capture data once every 10-20mS. This is for edge computing...
Replies
Views
Hello All, This is new territory for me. I have several systems located in diverse areas, throughout the U.S. . They are going to connected VPN...
Replies
Views
Dear friends, I need to access the data of various energy meters connected to Allen Bradley PLC. My general approach to access data from any...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom