A/B Micrologic 1000 series

jersonja

I have just started working with micrologic controllers. My question is. Is there a way to save the programs and then when you reconnect it will automatically load the program that is on the processor. I mean the ladder logic and descriptions. Right now I have to go in and select the program from a project file and then go on line with it. If it is not the right program that is on the processor it will still go on line. The I/O that is in the processor and on the laddre logic will seem to be operating. I am using A/B RS Logics.
Thanks for any Help
Jerry Harding
[email protected]

Ummm... yes and no....
As I understand it, the logic is the only thing that is stored in the micrologix memory itself...
When attempting to go online with a project(I always use "who active" to browse for the processor), the computer checks to see if the online code is the same as the offline code in whatever default directory the offline files are located.
If the copies match, then the computer automatically goes online with the matching program, and loads up all of the descriptions, etc. If the copies do not match, rs500 should give you a list of different programs with the same processor name, and it will let you pick which offline file you want to upload the data to, which in essence assigns the offline descriptions in that file with the online addresses. For myself, I always try to make sure I only have 1 copy of the offline program in the default directory, and then when you use the "who active" to browse for the processor, it will automatically go online, using the proper program and descriptions.