Anyone create a RSLogix5000 to WW Tag Utility Yet

Hi All!

Boy would it be convenient to simply export my RSLogix 5000 tag database, convert it using a convenient utility, maybe massage it a little, and then import it directly into Wonderware using DBLoad! I've created a very large WW application, and a very large RSLogix 5000 PLC program, and now need to create the tags in WW and link them to the window objects. I really am not looking forward to manually exporting and converting the data to WW format.

It would not be too hard to make a utility to do this... Surely someone has done it! I'd even pay for it! 🍻

Any ideas or suggestions?

Michael Hampson
XL Automation, Inc.
Marietta, GA

Michael Hampson said:
Boy would it be convenient to simply export my RSLogix 5000 tag database, convert it using a convenient utility, maybe massage it a little, and then import it directly into Wonderware using DBLoad!

Can DBLoad import .csv files?

If you have Excel, you can create a VBA macro to generate an import file, as long as the import file is basically a text format.

Its been a couple of years.. but yes...

I did exactly that in Visual Basic to create the tag database in WW from the RSLogix export file... However, through the years lost the application, I could redo it, it only took me a few hours, but saved lots of time. Actually only with the Real I/O tags in WW...