AB ControLogix and PanelView 700+

RBergmann

I don't do a lot of A-B PLCs or their HMIs. I have a question about screen calls from the PLC to a PanelView. Generally I can reserve a data register for the screen calls, define this register in the HMI and change screens from the PLC program by moving the screen number into this register.

As I'm trying to get up to speed on these devices, I can't find how to do this. Did I just miss this?

Although most of my work is on Mitsubishi, Omron and Idec, I am moderately familiar with the AB addressing scheme. Any direction?

... rab

In RSView Studio, this function is configured in:

System -> Global Connections -> Remote Display Number.

I don't really like this feature; I don't think it acts fast enough, and I have had users get into trouble trying to use it instead of the built-in security features. Maybe it will be more usable once they build a scheduled I/O connection into the EtherNet/IP driver.