Panel view

pdelno

Lifetime Supporting Member
ok guys i got one for you all
this is for a panelview
i am using a mulistate indicator witch is looking at a N:file
when it at let say 500 i want it to be one color and when its any other Number i want it to change color but i can't find out how to do this with out a lot of deferent states
i hope this is enough info if not i will try to give more.
thanks guys i have learn a lot form just reading here hopefuly some as an answer for this one

Why not set a bit in the PLC program when the Integer file is equal to 500 and when its not have the bit not true. Then have the indicator refrence the bit rather than the integer? It is good practice to have all the logic in the PLC program rather in the P.V.

PV's don't use expressions like the PV+'s do. You need to write the logic in the PLC to compensate for this deficiency.
DigitalFist is correct. Just write some greater-than...less than logic and set a word value. Move that data into a control registry word, say N7:10. This is the working Data Word.

Use the other words to fire a multistate word in the Panelbuilder software.

You could get this particular function, i.e. "If / Else" with a multistate indicator in PanelBuilder32 by using the Error State as an "anything else" state.

Delete all but two states, but set them for the same Value:

State0 Value = 500 Normal Color
State1 Value = 500 Normal Color
Error Alternate Color

Last edited:
Looks simple....

That is very simple...

I do agree I think that all logic should be in the PLC, however, is this logic or just a display preference?

it is for the display
ken if i understand u the error state will display if any other number is seen

oh good this way i don't have to write more logic to just get the display to work like i want it.
i was trying to stream line a little bit
thanks guys