rslogic communications and slc500

muli36

As for yesterday posting I`m having some problems to interact my rslogic with a slc500....after some precious advices from rsdoran I got out of the previous stall..basically I turn off anything that can use COM 1 and I get to the point where,after I Configure Drive my the communication status is active and the browser finds station 00 "workstation" and 01 SLC-500.
When I go into Driver diagnostic or Station diagnostic everything seems ok,but when I go into rslogic and try to go online the messages are "no response from processor at selected path/node" or "driver AB-PIC-1 not running/configured" and "cannot validate comms configuration"
Any idea what to do....?
thanks marco

So far, so good

Now that you've got RSLinx "seeing" the SLC, you're 3/4 of the way there.

First, get RSLinx up and running and seeing the SLC
In RSLogix500, go to the Comms menu and select SYSTEM COMMS.

A smaller version of RSLinx should appear. Open up (click on the '+' of) the AB_PIC-1 driver. You SHOULD see the SLC. If so, click on it, check the box that reads "Apply to Project" in the lower right, and then upload, download or go online as you want to.

If you don't see the SLC, check the status on the line just under the banner of the RSLinx-like popup. If you've selected the AB_PIC-1 driver in the left-hand pane, it should read "BROWSING - node not found". If it says "Not Browsing", you can try unchecking AutoBrowse, and hit the "Refresh" button - sometimes that gives it a kick in the head. Similarly, toggling (Alt+tab) back to the real RSLinx (and confirming that the SLC is still THERE) and then back to Logix might do something.

If all that fails, check which version of RSLogix you are using. There were many fixes to RSLinx to get the PIC to work with NT2K. I think, but am not sure, that there were some fixes to RSLogix too.

Good luck