S5 HMI problem....

mrsenolsezer

Hi guys,
i had a S5 115u cpu941 and an OP7, i've made the communication cable, programmed the OP7. I've found a Siemens file"Simatic HMi communication". It says for commisioning ; load Coros standart function blocks .....etc. (its in attachment). I've found the FBs and loaded but the procedure is too complicated for me.

I did some of it but because i'm a newbie in S5, i couldn't understand a lot of it.

My questions are;

1. How many KH should be in DB51 ? 185?
2. Also can anyone explain what should i do in 3.and4. parts of prosedure simply ? Where should i write the written example codes under OB1 or FB51, OB21,OB22,OB23 ....?
3.What is AKKU1 ? Ok i know its something like accumulator data but where is it how i can call it.?

I've made a DB51, loaded fb51(from coros) to plc but still OP gives error; $115 plc restart.

I read the procedure but i must be sure where should i add which code because this is a 7/24 machine's plc. Help me...

You are near the solution.

1. Yes, or more until the word 255.

2. Write in OB21 and OB22:
C DB 51
L KF 1
T DW 64 ; this "1" in DW64 will start communication

3.4. Write in OB1 only:
L KY 51,0 ;load 51,0 in ACCU 1
JU FB 51 ;call comm FB
NAME:TDOP511
T FW 100 ; save error code in FW100 word.

In the 115 The ACCUmulators are two main registers, every L(oad) or T(ransfer) instruction involves them.

thanks rgua, i've tried to do what u've said,
i copied the ob1 in my pg i've added the code and saved it,
when i've connected with plc and tried to transfer ob1 it said; there is an ob1, overwrite "yes", it is already in eeprom
0 blocks transfered.

So why i couldn't transfer OB1 ?
i don't understand, i've transferred fb51 without error beacuse there was no fb51 in program but why i can't overwrite on OB1 like u said i'm so near to solution
please show me the way....

The instructions for OB1 and OB21/22 must be added to those existing without delete the old instruction.
If your system has the Eprom (or EEprom) you must:

1. copy the program from the Eprom (EEprom) to the PG/PC. Delete the DB51
2. modify the program in OB1 at top and in OB21/22. Add the coros FB51
3. add to blocks OB21/22 the code:
L KF255
E DB51
that will create the DB51 in RAM

4. If you have an Eprom (single E) cancel it with the UV lamp
5. burn the Eprom (EEprom) with a prommer or a siemens PG

Sorry, E DB 51 in in german...

In English you must type:
G DB 51

it means "create a new data block"

bye

Maybe a simple question but i'm afraid of a problem that stops production.

if i clear the memory of my Eprom with UV lamp, after then
the plc automatically will put the data that comes from PG, to Eprom or do i need something to load program in Eprom.

Sorry but idon't know the procedure of deleting and reloading procedure of a Siemens Eprom.

Thank you very much for your interest..

Yes, of course. If you erase the Eprom, you lose the program.
In order to write a new program in the Eprom you needs:

1- an original PG Siemens with the port for S5 modules and step 5 software
or
a "prommer"; a siemens box that it is connected to a normal PC where runs step 5 software.

Otherwise you will not be able to rewrite the Eprom module. The plc can't write the Eprom

A last one chance is to put the program in RAM, but CPU 941 has little RAM (perhaps 2 k byte). A module RAM would serve you and your system will lost the safety of Eprom

Coros panel in S5 systems needs cyclic execution of FB51 in CPU. Cyclic call needs to change OB1

Last edited:
Yes the plc memory is not enough i've tried it yet.

I should rewrite program to Eprom but i already have a notebook not a pg so i use step5 program and rs232/tty cable to connect to plc yes also i've a Eprom program already installed with Step5 but i don't know how to use it because i've never used it before.

So is my hardware enough for rewriting Eprom or do i need a Siemens module its name like prommer..etc..

Yes, Siemens now sells an USB Prommer 6ES7792-0AA00-0XA at 940 Euro. It works with step 5 V. 7...

Older unit was for printer port.

This a big price for us maybe only use once.

I think i'll want this from local Siemens but isn't there an alternative of this prommer maybe a different trademark or another module a cheaper way to do that?

"This a big price "
Yes, it programs S5 modules and S7 MC and MMC too.

Ask your local Siemens for a S5 program module service.
There was an alternative brand "process informatik" but it isn't cheap.

Someone search an old PG Siemens on e-bay...