Off Topic...

Time to give the brain a rest and do those 12oz. curls. A little b-b-q and some late night Cache Creek spear fishing sounds like fun too.

Have a nice weekend!

The rivers are running here in California... My weekends are fully booked with whitewater rafting trips... :)

indeed TGIF...I walked into work this morning & quit...told everyone exactly what I thought of them,their performance & abilities...and quit! Was offered more $$ to stay, but got a better offer by lunch. I start Monday! WOOHOO!!!

Another weekend working on the house... At least the floors are almost done. I need any army of contractors who will work for beer.

Yessssss!!!!

TGIF for sure... was going to paint the house, Forcast is for thundershowers all weekend....:) Why is it when I start painting it @#$%!!! rains?? OH well, movie night and some cold Beer. Grin. Bruce.

The last time I sanded a floor, at 1st I used a drum sander....when I was done my brother suggested that I paint it blue & white. ??? blue for the water, and white for the crests. It took me a week to get it flat again with a flat-pad sander. Never again.....

Last time i sander a floor i used a Lagler borrowed from a friend whos in the flooring business, it worked great, apart from a bit of mess and dust!

elevmike said:
The last time I sanded a floor, at 1st I used a drum sander...

That was my worry, too. But I found something a little different to use. It woked great! It's the Varathane (shameless plug) sander. It's a giant orbital sander with three huge pads. The skirt and vacuum keep the dust down and it gets REALLY close to the edging without damaging it.

The hard parts, for me, were stripping off all the existing varnish (EEEEEEEEEEEW!) and applying the stain evenly. I think the floors look pretty darn good now.

The next project is to finish the electrical wiring.

AK