RSNetworx for Ethernet/IP

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Are there any real benefits or requirements to using RSNetworx for Ethernet/IP?

We're gonna start up a new line in July, and prepare a maintenance "roll-a-round" computer for monitoring/troubleshooting and limited programming of a controllogix controlled machine with 2 racks of ethernet I/O, and a panelview. I've got quote for PanelBuilder, RSLogix5000 Full Edition, and some other stuff for the technicians to use in case of a failure on the machine. I am amazed how many different options Rockwell Software has come up with for programming utilities. You can get RSLogix in pro, standard, mini, service, lite, and full editions plus there are serveral add-ons.

Anyway is RSNetworks for Ethernet a waste of money, is it required, or is it a convenience?

You don't need RSnetworx for Ethernet to schedule Logix I/O connections. It is nice diagnostic and troubleshooting tool, but you don't have to buy it.