Siemens 308C Configuration.

lhughes39

Subject:

I hope some one can help me. I just bought the Com Profibus V5.1 software (6ES5895-6SE03, id# 20568-0005-007279, PC/PG 7xx ab 486) so I could back up the memory card (6ES5 374-1KH21) in our 308 card (6ES5-308-3UC11). I installed the software and used it to make a test configuration and used a memory card (same model as above) from our stores. I exported the configuration to the memory card and then imported it back again with no problems. The problem came when I tried to import the configuration from the card in the 308. The error that showed up on the screen read:

"Import not possible, because a device master file is missing. Copy the missing file to the directory containing the device master files, read the file in and start the function again. Missing device master

file: TRAAAB2X.200"

I have been e-mailing back and forth with Siemens Tech support and am getting nowhere fast. They just keep saying I need to get the missing file. the problem I have is I do not have nor does the OEM seem to beable to find the missing file. The original configuration was done in Germany in 1996 by the OEM. I figure there has to be some way to get the configuration off the memory card even with out the original master file. Other wise why would I need to get it off the card if I already had it? As you can tell I am getting nervous. I had this dropped in my lap. Right now we do not have a back up of this configuration. If something where to happen we would be dead in the water. I read in the PDF manual that came with it on pages 83-84 about importing configurations. I figure I am just missing something and can not find out what it is.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++

My question is: What am I doing wrong? More important, how do I do this the correct way so that I do not get an error if I do not have the missing file?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++

Any and ALL sugestions would be helpful. Thank you.

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Nothing, sometimes if we take the messages at face value in Siemens we can solve our own problems. It is telling you the problem. You do not have the files for all of your Profibus components. You need to get all of the part #'s for all of your components and track down the profibus GSD or master files.

take the messages at face value

That is the problem. I can get all the part numbers, this will take alot of time, but I do not have the orginal or any backups of the master files. The big problem I have is the information/configuration I need to back up is on the card. I do not want to change it in anyway, just make a backup incase we loose the 308C card. Do you know how to do a backup of just the memory card? If I have to go and redo the whole configuration I will, but it just does not make sense that I can not take the configuraton/image on the memory card and save it for transfer to a new spare memory card. Thanks for your help it atleast gives me an idea. If you or anyone else has any other suggestions I would be glad to hear them.

P.s. Sorry if this sounds frustrated, but i am getting VERY frustrated with this minor problem!!
icon8.gif