Omron NT600S Touchscreen

Staffo

S
Lads, I have a problem concerning an upgrade of plant
PLC installed is an Omron CQM, HMI Omron Touchscreen NT600S (Dos Version), NT Software is version 4.1 (Latest)
During the upgrade, field wiring had to be changed from NO to NC, no problems, reverse the corresponding logic in the CQM. Works well.
However, I wanted to change the corresponding indication on the touchscreen, went to upload the existing NT program using 4.1 and during the transfer a message came up "......use Dos Tool" and stopped the upload.

I have also tried to convert the backup program without any luck.(file ext .m6*)
I now realise the screen is too old for the latest software and have started writing a program for a newer screen.

Is there any short term solution to my problem until availabilty of new screen?
How do I get "Dos Tool" up and running, as I have started Windows generic Dos and don't know which direction to take?

Thanks

I used NTST 4.61 only last week to a couple of quite old NT600S screens that have been in for about 5 years I think. I used it on a new laptop with Windows XP Pro and it worked perfectly.

There was an old DOS tool and I think it compiles differently to the Windows tool NTST. I remember having to re-write screens on an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean because the windows tool would not work properly with the screens which had been programmed with the DOS tool. Did not have the DOS tool with me. Had to wait a week for a plane so there was no other option.

I would suggest you see if you can get a copy of the DOS tool and use a Windows 95/98 computer. You will probably find you will be OK then.

Omron NT Screen

Thanks guys, screens are being rewritten at moment and will try Jays download