Rs logic activation keys

95ee32069

I was able to obtain a copy of the Rslogic software got it installed but not being able to do anything with it. It kept asking for activation keys then i recognise i don't have one. How can i obtain a valid one and at what cost?

You might as well buy the most up to date version now as I think that it is unlikely that anyone will help you with a free key.

Greetings 95ee32069,

if all you want to do is "test drive" the software, you can get a free download copy here ... the biggest problem with the free software is that it will only program Allen-Bradley's smallest MicroLogix1000 processor ...

beyond that, you'll have to pay to get a legal copy of RSLogix ... before you do that, I'd suggest that you make a list of ALL of the different types of processors you'll be working with ... post that list (or have it handy when you talk to your local AB distributor) and we can help you decide which flavor of RSLogix you need to buy ... prices range from ABOUT $500 to $1,100 to $3,500 (US dollars) ... depending on which processor platform you need to work with ... some handy buzzwords: RSLogix500, RSLogix5, RSLogix5000 ... sorry but NONE of these are interchangeable ...

and incidentally ... if you're going to connect to a processor, then you're going to need some type of communications cable ... again, we need to know what type of processor (catalog number please) to help you decide what you'll need for this piece of the puzzle ...

hope this helps ... and welcome to the forum ...

PS edit ... if you decide to buy a copy of the software, I'd suggest that you do that through your local AB distributor rather than online ... if you're just getting started with this stuff, then you're going to have questions (and probably need some help) along the way ... spending money with the local distributor should get you a least a little bit of goodwill with someone who might become a very valuable resource down the road ...

Last edited:
Aciontivation RSLogix

It stinks doesn't it. Have you tried eBay? I have a similar problem with activation I am missing a file called "RSLGX_CT.dll " I think it is rediculous to pay 1'000s of dollars for development software. It should be free!!!

Good Luck with your problem.
[email protected]

But perhaps software which can only be used with one kind of hardware should be free (or subsidised) with the purchase of that hardware?

ukguy777 said:
But perhaps software which can only be used with one kind of hardware should be free (or subsidised) with the purchase of that hardware?

This I agree with. It would be a nice marketing tool. Automation Direct is almost there with their lower prices.

It is possible to get (and copy) any RS software activation key.

Several years ago I obtained a floppy disc with activation files for (at the time) every Rockwell software product, also with instructions on how to make a copy of the disc.

It is also possible to make a copy of any Rockwell "Master Disc" as long as the original activation is present on the disc.

Allen-Bradley or any other PLC/Software maker is free to decide how they choose to distribute the software portion of their business. They are free to give it away, charge for it and protect it to any degree they choose. We are just as free to voice our opinions on whether their chosen method helps or hinders the usefullness of their products.

But since AB has chosen to charge for their programming software and to enforce that with activation files it is not appropriate to discuss methods of bypassing that protection.

Just a suggestion...

Peter_d said:
It is possible to get (and copy) any RS software activation key.

Several years ago I obtained a floppy disc with activation files for (at the time) every Rockwell software product, also with instructions on how to make a copy of the disc.

It is also possible to make a copy of any Rockwell "Master Disc" as long as the original activation is present on the disc.
If you are planning on using a "Pirated" copy of any software, be willing also to accept the conciquences, thousands of dollars in fines, possible jail time, lawyer fees, loss of customers who you have programmed for, possibly causing them legal probles as well...

And there is no customer support, no upgrades, nothing...

Your choice...

bernie_carlton said:
We are just as free to voice our opinions on whether their chosen method helps or hinders the usefullness of their products.

Sorry if you thought i was suggesting it was wrong of them to charge, i couldn't agree with you more. It's up to the consumer to vote for the best system by chosing where to spend their cash. Just seems crazy that as consumers we allow ourselves to take products which need you to spend more money just to get them to work, or pay through the nose for tech support if their own product is faulty (not just talking PLC's here).

If you want to use/program AB plc's, then you know that you have to pay for software beforehand. Its your choice. I've often remarked on the OTT prices rockwell charge for certain things, but from the responses i get, their stuff is considered the most user friendly, which i think is what people are happy to pay for. If you think that it's overpriced or unfair - don't buy it and don't use it!

Actually my post was oriented toward "Peter D" and his attitude. And as for charging for software, I wish the AB price was less with bug-fix updates free and an optional charge for handholding support (the type which answers questions already covered in the manuals or on the web site).

Last edited:
bernie_carlton said:
Actually my post was oriented toward "Peter D" and his attitude. And as for charging for software, I wish the AB price was less with bug-fix updates free and an optional charge for handholding support (the type which answers questions already covered in the manuals or on the web site).

I was only stating facts for the information of the orginal post....I am not advocating this approach...

I use a utility called Rockwell GoldMaster (I should point out that I contract for Rockwell ) this effectively provides a license for any Rockwell licensed software , generally time limited for a year ) . Whilst I am sympathetic with those who have to dig deep for software , remember the following:-

Customers know that this stuff is expensive , and therefore expect some of the cost to be built into every job .

If you do have this software , it is a fair bet that you are dedicated and proficient enough to actually do the job (though that doesn't always follow)

For the most part , the software is actually pretty good stuff , and worth paying for .