s7 simatic software

If you've got a copy at work, you can always load it at home (always assuming you've got XP Pro, it doesn't work with XP home).

Without the key you'll get the Nag-screen every minute or so and every time you call up the editor or try to save something, but for self-study purposes or when deadlines are looming and management won't play, it'll do.

Ive got xp pro at home.
ive tried to load the copy from work but nobody knows what the serial / key number is.
i can install it so far then it asks for this number. which i dont have.
i was hoping there was somewhere else i could download an old version.
so i can self learn at home.

Which version do you have from work, the earlier versions wouldn't work without a licence, but I believe it should work (with Nag-Screen) after V5.2.

If you have an earlier version, it's not simply a question of a serial/key number, the licence is a coded S/W which must be present on the C: drive.

Version 5.1 works without license.
The serial number is 10 digit; first digit is 0. Try 0123456789

If you open the license manager you can see the serial numbers of the installed keys. Write the right one down and you can install S7 at home, without key and with nag screens.

Kind regards,

jvdcande
dont undersatand what you mean by license manager !
can you explain a bit more?
is this some sort of drop dowm menu in simatic manager

thanks in advance.

hello darren;

For version 5.1, Step7 uses the AuthorsW program to manage (transfer, display, ...) the software licensing. Look for AuthorsW.exe in the Simatic tab in the START menu, use it to display info on the installed licences on the computer (C:\).
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier