A little help Steve-LM90

rocket1010

Everytime I try to get to the Config side of LM90 (F2 and then (F1) I/O config, I get this message on the command line;

"Busy...Please Wait"

This message hangs there and never allows me to look at the config
Please help, the firmware on this CPU will not allow me to connect with Proficy, I have to use LM90!

Any help would save my bacon!

First, I'd like to once again dispel the myth about Machine Edition and older CPU firmware versions. There is a setting within Machine Edition where you select one of three options for dealing with older firmware versions. Under the Options tab of the Navigator window, select PLC/General. The very first choice is labeled "PLC Firmware Version". The three choices are "Warn", "No Warning", and "Prevent Store". "Prevent Store" means you won't be able to store to firmware version earlier than the recommended minimum for your CPU model. "Warn" means that you'll be given a warning when you try, and the option to go ahead and store or to abort the store. "No Warning" means that ME will store to an old version without bothering to alert you to the fact that you're doing so.

Your Logicmaster problem of the freeze-up when trying to launch the configuration software, I quote from the release notes for Logicmaster 90-30 version 9.02 (GFK-1412E).

If you attempt to enter HW configuration and the "Busy, please wait ..." message occurs and the system locks up, or ID: 0000 EX: 0000 occurs while configuring modules, you probably do not have enough DOS conventional memory available. If you are communicating with the PLC serially, you can obtain additional conventional memory by configuring LM90 to load the serial communications driver into EMS memory.
This can be accomplished by the following steps:
1) From Menu90 select F( ... Logicmaster setup package
2) The select F4 ... PLC Communication Options
3) Select EMS for the "Driver Memory Area"

Steve, thanks for the reply...but;

your comments about ME are either false or there is something else going on, I tried your suggestion because I agree that it would be much nicer to use ME instead of LM90. I changed the setting you suggested but I can not connect. I posted this problem quite a while ago and I belive you had allready mentioned that the particular firmware version I have is so old that it will not connect to ANY windows based software. Anyway thats not my real issue.

The real issue is the error I was getting and I thank you for your reply, unfortunately I was in such a rush for a soloution that while waiting for your reply I tried the last resort, I ran the lm90.bat and it works succesfully, actually better than the .exe, it also solved my annoying uncontrolable beeping form the other day.

Anyhow, thanks for your help!

rocket1010 said:
Steve, thanks for the reply...but;

your comments about ME are either false or there is something else going on, I tried your suggestion because I agree that it would be much nicer to use ME instead of LM90. I changed the setting you suggested but I can not connect. I posted this problem quite a while ago and I belive you had allready mentioned that the particular firmware version I have is so old that it will not connect to ANY windows based software. Anyway thats not my real issue.

The real issue is the error I was getting and I thank you for your reply, unfortunately I was in such a rush for a soloution that while waiting for your reply I tried the last resort, I ran the lm90.bat and it works succesfully, actually better than the .exe, it also solved my annoying uncontrolable beeping form the other day.

Anyhow, thanks for your help!

The LM90.bat file sets your memory settings etc. so that it can run in its own memory space.