mitsui seiki

chief wegum

C
Hi folks, i have a lot of CNC mitsei seiki and i would linked his control to a controllogix to get data.

mitsui seike serie H60A

If someone has already did that, i would know!!!

Hey, Chief:

To do this, it will depend on the control type that is on the machine. Seeing as it is a Japanese machine tool, I will assume that it is running a Fanuc CNC of sorts. Because of this, there is not going to be many options for interfacing the machine to a ControLogix.

Depending on how much data you would like to get, your options will vary. Fanuc typically supports fieldbuses like Profibus-DP or DeviceNet. Beyond those two, their offerings are limited. To implement either of these, the comm board will need to be purchased, along with "option" upgrades. Additionally, you will need to make sure that the backplane you are using has an empty slot for the board!

Then, you will need to have some idea of the data that you want to get. If they are discrete points, or information contained in different data registers, you can simply map them to the fieldbus registers that you are communicating with. If, however, you are looking for more involved information like spindle torque or servo error, then you will need to program that yourself in the PMC, using what is referred to as "window reads".

Good luck with that!

Back
Top Bottom